Friday 5 August 2005

Surge and settle

Yup - It's my birthday today and I may pop out and have a Guinness or a pint of Masterbrew later to celebrate and to get over the weirdery that today is bringing. First up - my car is leaving an oil slick that reminds me of the Exxon Valdez, the screen on the laptop has died so the only way I can work is by parking the lappy next to the desktop and screen swapping. That means I'm working in the box room rather than in the comfort of downstairs and I can't watch the cricket (got it on the radio). Accountant rang to say that he thinks that HM Inland Revenue might owe me a few quid which would be great but I suppose it'll go on car and PC now.

11 careful considerations:

kat said...

But your car and the PC were going to go anyway so it is a good job the Inland Revenue are going to contribute.

Always look on the bright side of life. Sh*t sometimes though, isn't it? The exhaust fell off my car yesterday. I can't remember hitting anything and it wasn't rusted up or anything.

Nogbad said...

Oh I'm not really downhearted Kat - it's just jive I don't need right now. I'm taking the children camping in a week or so and I want to borrow my wife's car (it's an Espace) and she'll use mine but I can hardly leave her with a car that's not playing out properly. All up it's cool though - minor disruptions rather than major problems! :-))))

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Nog! Have a pint or two for me as well. Love that Guiness! Do British drink it warm or cold?

Nogbad said...

Thanks Wendy! Guinness is drunk chilled or "extra cold" - I prefer the chilled version but there are those who opt for the ice lolly type stuff. And yes this isn't a joke, some pubs offer two versions - one is "extra cold" - go figure!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to us! Life's too short to drink cheap beer, so I'll have a Heineken, thanks!

Nogbad said...

Yo Wendy's husband! Dunno about cheap beer, Guinness is a premium product in these parts, but if we're heading upmarket I guess I could find space for a Stella Artois! :-)

pal said...

Yikes! How could I be so late! Many Happy Returns and if you still haven't caught up with the cricket here is my birthday pressie commentary to you :-))

Yes! Pontings deffo done a Nassar. With hopefully the same result !!! :-)

Day 2. Englands day again! Bowled Aus out for 308 which gives England a lead of 99 on
1st. Innings. So, England have a lead of 125 - 1 at close of play, it all depends on Warney. If England get 250 + tomorrow that should give them enought to win the Test.

That will be 1-All and England will have seized the initiative ................

Anonymous said...

I was refering to your taste in beer as being upscale. In some parts of the world, they drink beer from cans. Egads! How horrible. I even hear that you can SEE through it.

Ang said...

Happy Birthday old man! ;)

Echomouse said...

I don't know how I missed this before. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

All this talk of beer has been quite educational btw. :)

Nogbad said...

Thanks Angie and EM :-)

Mouse - we're doing all we can to educate you North Americans about the proper, i.e. European, beers!