Tuesday 20 September 2005

Not back yet!

Sorry I've been quiet - still busily trying to finish my project report but I've taken a few days off. My mate Roland came down from Manchester and we spent the weekend chilling and talking rubbish about cooking and growing up and such like - we were at school together so long ago that it was in black and white. I had the children on Sunday so we took a picnic to the final cricket game of the season (a draw) and as Roland hasn't seen the sea for a few years we had coffee in a number of coastal spots including the newest bit of England, a lovely spot overlooking beautiful white cliffs, a little place on the beach at Margate, The Bandstand in Herne Bay (which was mentioned in the Gundrain on Saturday while we were there! Roland doesn't drink but we managed a couple of evenings in The Mermaid too.

More work to do so I'll still be in "Silent running" mode but I'd like to point out that this weekend sees the 35th anniversary of.............

8 careful considerations:

pal said...

Missing you lots, its very quiet :-)

35 years ....... is that the death of Jimi Hendrix? I though it was last weekend. Oh dear that means I'm going to have to down a few more drinks to the memory of the best musician the world has ever known. Unless of course its something else entirely!

bluefluff said...

Hendrix died 18th Sept 1970, so I guess we're going to need to think again. It better hadn't be Jonathan Livingston Seagull....

Rob said...

Blimey! Psycho gets Manager of the Month, and then what happens? It's a curse, I tell you!

Nogbad said...

Mea culpa - I heard on the radio that it was this coming weekend and I didn't check the dates. They were talking to the latest guy to write a book but this one has interviewed two of Jimi's surviving siblings, people not previously mentioned.

Yes Rob - the curse of MOTM! I listened to the game last night - strangely compelling, but I had a bad feeling from the start and it all came to pass.

Echomouse said...

Glad you're alive. The visit with your friend sounds wonderful!

Don't work too hard :)

p.s. I had no idea what the 35 years thingy was... figures eh? lol

Echomouse said...

Hey NOGGGG!!!!

This you might want to see....purely for entertainment value of course but also because it's about UK football -

http://mike.typepad.com/mike/2005/09/anything_to_tur.html

ScaryCheri said...

hi Nog :)

Nogbad said...

Hiya Mouse - it's about US football isn't it?

Hiya Cheri! :-)