Saturday 10 December 2005

Cider

I was at school in the age of black and white. I'm still in touch with one guy I went to school with, he's my longest serving friend and for that alone he deserves far more than life has slung at him but in a world without natural justice or an all powerful diety we get what we get.
We used to have a little ryhme that we'd repeat long before we set out on the adventure of life outside the safety of home and parents and so forth.

I like cider
Cider makes me fart
When I fart I'm happy
When I'm happy I work
When I work I make money
When I make money I buy cider
I like cider..........

Now that I'm older I recognise that this is recursive and I also enjoy drinking cider because it's a great way of killing a thirst :-)

7 careful considerations:

Echomouse said...

LOLOL Now there's a great poem!!! Worthy of any pub or home.

Nogbad said...

I think Shakespeare wrote it Ms Mouse, it certainly deserves a place in th canon of great English language verse.

Rob said...

Bit of a leap though to equate farting with a state of happiness. I think there's a logical flaw here...

Anonymous said...

I like spiced cider with 100 proof cinnamon schnapps...

Nogbad said...

Rob - I lead a very simple life, flatulence and happiness are closely linked :-)

Rob said...

...in which case, may your farts be with you...

Ben Ketteridge said...

I like to think of this poem rendered with a West Country accent:
"Oi loikes ciderr
Ciderr makes me farrt
When Oi farrts, Oi's 'aappy
When Oi's 'aappy, Oi works
When Oi works, Oi makes money
When Oi makes money, Oi buys cider
Oi loikes cider.........."