Friday 16 December 2005

The eBay song

If you haven't heard the eBay song it's worth listening to. If you wish to sing along here are the words:

The "eBay song"

A used ... pink bathrobe
A rare ... mint snowglobe
A Smurf ... TV tray
I bought on eBay

My house ... is filled with this crap
Shows up in bubble wrap
Most every day
What I bought on eBay

Tell me why (I need another pet rock)
Tell me why (I got that Alf alarm clock)
Tell me why (I bid on Shatner's old toupee)
They had it on eBay

I'll buy ... your knick-knack
Just check ... my feedback
"A++!" they all say
They love me on eBay

Gonna buy (a slightly-damaged golf bag)
Gonna buy (some Beanie Babies, new with tag)
(From some guy) I've never met in Norway
Found him on eBay

I am the type who is liable to snipe you
With two seconds left to go, whoa
Got Paypal or Visa, what ever'll please
As long as I've got the dough

I'll buy ... your tchotchkes
Sell me ... your watch, please
I'll buy (I'll buy, I'll buy, I'll buy ...)
I'm highest bidder now

(Junk keeps arriving in the mail)
(From that worldwide garage sale) (Dukes Of Hazzard ashtray)
(Hey! A Dukes Of Hazzard ashtray)
Oh yeah ... (I bought it on eBay)

Wanna buy (a PacMan Fever lunchbox)
Wanna buy (a case off vintage tube socks)
Wanna buy (a Kleenex used by Dr. Dre, Dr. Dre)
(Found it on eBay)

Wanna buy (that Farrah Fawcett poster)
(Pez dispensers and a toaster)
(Don't know why ... the kind of stuff you'd throw away)
(I'll buy on eBay)

What I bought on eBay-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y-y


4 careful considerations:

kat said...

I've never bought or sold anything on ebay. I've registered with them but never bought a thing. I tried once but lost the bid.
The postage seems to be more than the value of the item - a scam.

Nogbad said...

The Che teeshirts that Jemma and I are wearing in the photo on my S2 profile are from ebay. The full story (between you and I): We were shopping in Canterbury this time last year and I commented that they didn't have the Che posters that I grew up with. A couple of days later I got an email from her and it was a series of links to Che stuff including teeshirts for me. I bought them and then hunted out a teeshirt for her too :-)

I know someone who only earns from selling on ebay. They buy loads of stuff wholesale and sell it at a margin online - remember that the true value of anything is what someone will pay and someone else will accept!

kat said...

Yes, I know someone who makes a packet on ebay and good luck to them. It isn't my thing though. I'd never make a salesperson. When I sell a house or a car I point out all the thing the buyer should beware of. I have a very heavy conscience.
Picture this: My buyer is admiring the kitchen and I say 'Yes, but watch that cooker hood - I don't trust it. One of these days it is going to fall off, disturb a pan of boiling water or oil and cook someone.' :-( They were only looking - Not as if they had made a firm offer at this point. They did buy the house though.

Tina said...

cool!! Although I can honestly say I only buy 'useful' stuff on ebay! :o)