Tuesday 27 December 2005

Going down in flames...........

No it's not the old joke about the French WWI flyer (I will not tell that joke on this blog!) but it's an Open Source Flight Sim, yup a fully sorted flight simulator for the PC that's available free on the Internet. It's a weighty download at +85Mb but it's fun - I've mastered take off and flying about a bit but ultimately I end up spread across the Californian landscape. It is able to download landscape details, airports and the weather in real time while you are flying and the planes available range from the Wright Brothers Flyer to a UFO as well as the Cessna that most people start real lessons in, the F16 and Boeing 737. Loads more to download including Concorde, Spitfire and Hurricane.

I'll not large this app up any more suffice to say that the link is
here - enjoy!

4 careful considerations:

bluefluff said...

That'll be the one with Pierre, Marie & the bottle of cognac?

Nogbad said...

That's the one but I would expect someone with your background in French to know of these cultural references mon petit pois!

But let's not do the joke here - it's a family show :-)

Ang said...

Okay, now I'm curious as to what joke you won't tell. So you'll just have to email it to me! :)

Amanda said...

Very neat! I will have to check it out! and yes I would love to hear the joke!! :)