Thursday 22 December 2005

Not just me

I wasn't the only one singing carols last night.

The carol service in Parliment Square went ahead and raised £300 for charity and nobody was arrested. It seems that singing carols isn't a political demonstration and thus falls outside the act. Tim Ireland (the organiser) has a write up here with links to the BBC coverage and a piece in the Independent. Maya Evans, the woman convicted of breaching the act by reading the names of British soldiers killed in Iraq, was also there.

2 careful considerations:

laura k said...

Hey Nigel, thanks for the link!

I love all your FSM paraphenalia. I may have to post one of those excellent buttons, too. Keep up the great work.

Nogbad said...

Thanks Laura - I love your blog and found it on EchoMouse's recommendation :-)