Saturday 28 January 2006

I wish I'd written this.........

Whether you follow football or not I implore you to read this column! It's by Harry Pearson and it's a wonderful example of witty writing which demonstrates pace and direction and the joy of the language as well as some sharply observed points - particularly about listening to football on the radio and, perhaps, how we might often imagine Alan Green.
There have been persistent rumours in the agricultural community that, like badgers, Manchester United players spread bovine TB among dairy cattle.
Don't you have to read something which contains that line??? I was pointed in that direction by Memex 1.1

2 careful considerations:

bluefluff said...

Like the man says, "Cavorting with a strange badger is a dangerous business"!

Nogbad said...

Indeed but I'm going to have to trust you on this one as I only cavort with badgers I know :-)