Sunday 25 November 2007

Eureka!

My initiation into the secret world of cleaning products continues. I wasn't sure how I'd clean the racks from the oven and the grill pan which doubles as a roasting tray until I found a garishly decorated box on the shelf in the aisle I've just discovered at Morrisons. The box looks as though it was designed by a three year old on ecstasy but, boy oh boy, it's the real thing inside. It comes with rubber gloves and more warnings than a nuclear power station. It also has a large plastic bag in which the items to be cleansed are deposited. Bung them in the bag, pour in the gunk and leave for a few hours. Wear gloves, old clothes, don't get the liquid on your body or furniture or any materials not provided in the kit or constructed of stainless steel or enamel.

Bunged them in yesterday afternoon - I got two boxes so one bag has the grill pan and the other has the oven racks - and let it do its work. Wow! All that's left to do is to don the protective gear and wash the gel away but through the bag I can see that this stuff has eaten away all the grease and baked-on crud - it is amazing. I'm sure that everyone else knows about this stuff but to me it's a revelation. Of course the text on the box is confident that there are no environmental impacts of swilling the stuff down the sink so that's all good too.

5 careful considerations:

bluefluff said...

ROFLing @ your adventures in cleaning land! I'm of the opinion that if Jif (I refuse to call it Cif) won't shift it, it isn't meant to be shifted.

Buggles Balham High Road said...

I've never seen this crud removing miracle product Nog.

Nogbad said...

It's called "Oven Pride". I took the shelves out of the bag and swilled them in soapy water and they are as clean as the day they were made.

WrathofDawn said...

Yes, the joys of cleaning.

I've heard of them.

Tina said...

LOL! I hope you hve some hand cream at the ready after all the srubbing! Aggie and Kim ('cos you're prob'ly too busy to know who the heck I'm talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_Clean_is_Your_House%3F) would be proud of you :)