Saturday 7 June 2008

What we've been doing

The live blogging photos were to illustrate one of the technologies I was talking about during my presentation about "Social Networking" and the immediacy available in the digital age. The format of the day was great and we had some quality keynote speakers.

First up was Seb Schmoller from ALT. He brought an XO laptop and that was the first time I'd physically held one so that was useful and his presentation set the scene for what we were doing - eLearning technologies in the wild and also in the OU.

The poster sessions were hard work - the attendees were split into 11 groups, one per workshop, and moved round the posters while the workshop facilitators explained what the workshop was about. So we stood by the poster and burbled on to 11 different groups.

Then, after a lovely lunch and chance to catch up with friends, Denise Kirkpatrick - PVC Learning and Teaching at the OU gave a presentation about the OU's VLE and eLearning projects (including SociaLearn).

Then the workshops. I did my stuff and then we looked at some social networking sites and we looked at how we might use some of these tools in learning and teaching. I prepared a Seesmic video before I left for the conference and I've just done another to "top and tail" the day.

Cup of tea and a chat and then home.

I hope that explains the photos I've been posting :-) All the photos are now on Flickr.

0 careful considerations: