Wednesday 26 November 2008

Webcam

I love webcams, they are one of the real joys of the web and Naughton uses a description of an early webcam - showing the Golden Gate Bridge - as an example of what the Internet means. This opportunity to do something which wouldn't otherwise be possible, i.e. whenever you, as the "viewer", chose to you can look at something somewhere across the world. You don't need to wait for an editor and film crew to be there - the feed is simply available to us.

Anyway - here is a webcam in Ottobeuren in Bavaria. The wonderful thing is that it updates frequently enough to watch people walk across the square - as I write this a couple of people are having a snowball fight! Thanks to George for sending this - it's one of his local towns.

7 careful considerations:

William said...

I agree, webcam from around the all world are great! AbcWebcam

Veronica said...

I have that feeling of magic about the Pinguincam -- daily visits for me at this time of year!

Nogbad said...

I'd forgotten about that one, I'm so pleased you reposted it Veronica. I'll have to try to remember which one I'm watching to see George doing his weekly shopping

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ChaikiLi said...

Likely George is less formally dressed for the occasion then the penguins

Schorschi said...

I may well be black & white as Ottobeuren is in the county with the most cows per sq. meter in Germany....

Nogbad said...

It seems to be a particularly German thing to know which county has the most cows/metre ^2 but it might also be an English thing to think that this is a German thing.............