Saturday 28 January 2006

Oh dear!

Just watched the highlights of the Barnet Vs Sunderland cup game. I've always liked McCarthy - he's an honest bloke who has turned many a sow's ear into a silk purse but also been upfront and told it like it is when his team have played poorly and/or other teams have played better. I honestly hope he's stopped off at MFI on the way back north because a couple of wardrobes would make better defenders than those he played today - and would certainly be more animated!

2 careful considerations:

Rob said...

Hmmm... that's Brentford, I believe.
McCarthy joins the long list of ex-City players who are useless managers...

Nogbad said...

Oh yes - famous for their nylons!

I'm not sure Mick is a completely useless manager, I think getting the lame to walk would be a dodle in comparison with getting that bunch to compete at anything like Premiership level. In many ways I admire his resiliance - can't be easy going to work on a Monday after watching that shower perform, lesser blokes would have walked away.